Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 is on the way out ....

I hope everyone has had a safe and happy holiday so far.  It's amazing that we are facing 2010 when it seems like we just made it through 2000.   Time really does speed by and life brings many surprises along the way.   It's been a great year for our family.  We are blessed to be so close and have time to spend with each other.  There are special moments with our good friends as well ... and we cherish every one. 

Years ago I made a New Year's Resolution that I've kept for a long time ... that was "never to make another New Year's Resolution".   I felt I was just setting myself up for failure and if I didn't make the resolution, then I wouldn't mess it up.  Great in theory but I've learned that if you don't challenge yourself and try to make yourself better, then you are not living up to your potential.    So this year, I'm making resolutions.  Oh, they aren't hard ones ... mostly common sense and good-for-me type things.  But I'm going to try to keep these resolutions this year. 

So here goes ... if I post thm here, I'll have to keep them, right??  (deep breath)

1.  Send more cards.  I have a studio, I have the supplies,  I have the inspiration .. now make the time and send more cards.
     1a)  Write more notes ....  to elderly relatives, far-away friends.
2.  Get together with friends more often.  Catch up with those I haven't seen in a while.  Call ones that are too far away to meet up with.
3.  Spend more time on my spiritual growth.  I host two Prayer Lists ... spend more time praying for those on the list as well as my family, friends, city, state, country, etc.   Out of all my waking hours, there must be more time to spend with my God.
4.  Participate in some Stamping/Scrapping challenges online.  Step out of the box and participate, learn and enjoy sharing my craft with others.
5.  The hardest of all:   Work on taking better care of myself.  Cancel the hiatus from my doctors; lose weight, exercise more; eat better - cook more.  This one will need a lot of support - and tons of prayers.  But if I am to be around to spend time with the family and friends I love so dearly, it's a resolution that only I can keep. 

So there you have it - my list of New Year's Resolutions.  Published for the world to see.  And to keep me accountable.

Wishing you the very best in 2010 .. may you have joy, peace, good health, prosperity and security.
Love,  Nana Bev

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive